Goxhill to Immingham
Opened in 1910 (for goods) and 1911 for passengers the line was part of the Barton and Immingham Light Railway. The intention was to build a line directly from Goxhill to Barton, without travelling up to New Holland, and together with the never-built section from Winteringham to Barton extension, have a direct line all the way from Scunthorpe to Immingham Dock. In the event, only the Goxhill to Immingham section was built, and that as single track with passing places at East Halton and Killingholme.
East Halton had two platforms, with the village a little to the south. Next came "Admiralty Platform" - a halt that rarely bothered the printers of timetables! Yet it became the "local" station of various American film stars! Seriously! A number of stars of the silver screen served part of their time at the seaplane base virtually on the station doorstep in the First World War. The Americans were from the "Millionaires Unit" (First Yale), and total British and American servicemen at the base was 1,400!
Killingholme had a halt-style platform. The line then continued onto the Immingham Dock Estate, and to the station by that name which was close by the lock, and the Graving Dock.